Daily Rhyme...

Monday, January 25, 2010

Hope for Haiti Telethon



Okay so I saw some of the Haiti Telethon. I'll start by saying we should all donate as much to Haiti as we can afford too but I did have a few problems with the Telethon, which raised 58 million dollars.

1) When calling the hotline you would continuously get the busy sign. Like C'mon open a few more hotlines so we can donate. Donation lines should never be busy kind of pointless.

2)It was advertised and shown on TV that a celebrity would answer to take your donation. So as I'm sitting there with my speed dial pounding away praying Taylor Swift picks up the phone I FINALLY get through and its Burt. I'm sitting here thinking I'm gonna get to talk to some prime time celebrity and its Burt. I was like ummm Burtt...Reynolds? But nope just Burt! Now Burt's a nice enough guy but not a celebrity. As I'm talking to Burt giving my $25 donation I see the camera pan over all the celebrities taking donations. How disappointing. Now I come to work today and hear that a co-worker donated $25 and spoke to the Steven Spielberg. Looking back on it I should of told Burt I'd raise my donation if he patched me through to Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment